r/sex is for civil discussions about all facets of sexuality and sexual relationships. It is a sex-positive community and a safe space for people of all genders and orientations. This is (mostly) a 'serious' community - posts and comments that sidetrack discussion will be removed and may result in a ban.
PLEASE READ the FAQ with the most asked and answered questions! before posting!! Posts that do not follow the posting guidelines in the FAQ will be automatically removed. More details on the community rules can be found here.
PLEASE REPORT ANY INFRACTIONS BY CLICKING THE "REPORT" BUTTON UNDER THE POST OR COMMENT
• This community is for thought provoking self-posts that promote discussion. Achievement posts and updates are not allowed. Feel free to share these in the Daily Sexual Achievement threads that are provided by the mods. Fap material is not allowed. Any links, whether to other subreddits or to external websites, must conform to our link policy.
• Absolutely no hate-speak, derogatory or disrespectful comments will be tolerated. This includes sexist and rape jokes.
• Comments that objectify people are not allowed. Joking or not, asking for pictures, hitting on people, etc, are not welcome here.
• Pornography, erotica, and personals don’t belong here. Additionally, posts asking for any kind of PMs will be removed.
• Memes, rage comics, and picture-based posts are not welcome here. In addition, promotion of or references to sex-negative communities, whether located on Reddit or elsewhere, are not allowed.
• AMAs are rarely allowed. We have a diverse community (sexual educators, escorts, kinksters, etc), so unless it is a highly unique situation, they are not appropriate for /r/sex.
• We are happy to address medical issues, but we are no substitute for real medical advice. No pictures of genitals are allowed. If you need to post a picture, you should be going to a doctor.
• All posts here are NSFW. The only ones that are marked as “NSFW” are ones that link you to websites that have NSFW images.
• The moderators are here for you, so please don’t hesitate to message us.